About the Team
We are building the best restaurant platform to handle the full cycle of dining marketing and operation. The ChopeBook platform we built, is enabled over 5,000 restaurants, seating 30 million diners across 7 regions. By applying state-of-art engineering and AI technologies, our merchant team is on a mission to create Asia’s next-generation restaurant platform, digitalizing one of the biggest industries to the smart world!
About the role
As a senior level engineer, you will work in a small 3-6 full-stack agile team, which directly impact the platform growth. The role is expected to collaborate with Chope merchant product owners as well as with stakeholders across the feature plan, tech solution, and engineering delivery.
What you'll do
- Work in a full-stack agile team to deliver product features and stability features
- Help the team improve the stability of delivery quality by formulating front-end development specifications and other methods
- Help improve the efficiency of front-end team research and development.
- Provide technical solutions for both functional and non-functional features
- Provide solid and reliable documentation on completed work items such as code, concepts, business logic, and logistics
- Ensure the code is optimized and the platform performance is not affected
- Possess excellent communication with the product owner, designer, and stakeholders
Skills & experiences required
- Bachelor degree or above in computer or related majors, more than 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in using grunt, gulp, Webpack and other tools
- Have a good understanding of and dabble in back-end development (Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP etc)
- Have a solid basic knowledge of algorithms, data structures and computer networks
- Familiar with the agile development process and basic team management skills
- Familiar with Linux, MySQL and more server-side technologies
- Contributors with their own technical products, open source works or active open source communities are preferred
What you’ll get from Chope
- Experience the full life cycle of architecture enhancement, including Cloud Native, Microservices, and Engineering efficiency
- Leadership enablement
- Flexible work arrangements and parental leave programs that provide you the balance you deserve
- Substantial employee referral incentives
What is Chope?
The word “Chope” in Singapore means to reserve a seat in a fast food restaurant, sometimes by placing a packet of tissue paper on it. We provide software to restaurants to manage their businesses (https://www.chope.co/singapore-restaurants/join_us), a reservation platform (iOS and Android apps and web https://www.chope.co) for consumers to book restaurants that’s also integrated with restaurants and partners like Google and Tripadvisor and a deals platform for consumers to get discounts on their dining. Founded in Singapore in 2011, Chope has offices in 7 cities across Asia. Happy dining!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted