At a glance
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to manage growth initiatives at Chope. Reporting to the GM, the Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving strategic planning, marketing initiatives, campaigns, funnel management, and partnerships to grow our business.
You will be leading both the dining reservations and e-commerce arm of Chope. Your objectives will be to drive GMV, reservations, user acquisition, and user engagement for these segments. Along with a passion for marketing and a deep understanding of the e-commerce/payments and the dining reservations space, you should have a self-starter attitude and a strong sense of ownership to take charge of projects independently.
The ideal candidate needs to have an aggressive mindset to win, a creative flair for generating engaging ideas, and a data-driven approach to methodically develop tactics and achieve high ROI on the various initiatives. You should have a strong grasp of different marketing channels and analytics tools, with the ability to derive meaningful insights and drive new strategies based on data.
As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible to lead and grow a team of marketing executives but also team leads/managers, each with their own specializations. You naturally build, lead, and inspire teams by walking the talk. You think strategically about the skills your team needs to develop and define a holistic development plan for the team.
About the role
- Plan the overall marketing strategy, manage resources, and execute both long-term and tactical initiatives to grow existing business units and new business ventures
- Run large scale campaigns to generate industry hype, increase the visibility of Chope, and drive conversions
- Drive growth across business units, using innovative growth tactics across different channels (online and offline) to increase awareness, user acquisition, and retention
- Dive deep into the available data to develop new marketing frameworks and optimise processes
- Understand market trends, perform competitor analysis, and research relevant industry developments to maintain a competitive advantage
- Manage resources and the marketing budget to achieve commercial outcomes and high ROI
- Work with stakeholders from product/tech, sales, and operations, to drive the development of projects and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop merchant acquisition strategies
- Build GTM plans for new ventures, including end to end campaign development, launch plans, ongoing communications, brand alignment, and channel optimization.
- Assess commercial viability and ROI of all marketing and growth initiatives under your scope
- Handle and drive strategic partnerships with existing and new partners
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to a high performing team
- At least 8 to 10 years of work experience with a track record in growing a brand and business in a fast-paced startup is preferred
- 5-6 years' experience in digital marketing
- Able to meet tight deadlines and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate complex issues with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive self-starter that’s willing to take a hands-on approach to get things done
- Ability to think quickly, problem solve independently, and take ownership of results
- Possess a high degree of data analysis skills and effectively use analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Mixpanel
- Analytical, detail-oriented and conscientious
- Independent and possess a result-driven mindset
- Experience in managing a team of at least 4-5 people
- A passion for food and the dining scene in Singapore, as well as an interest in consumer technology
While not required, the following skills/experience will be favourably considered
- Experience in food and beverage operations, customer service, or events management
- Experience in e-commerce
- Has own connections in food and beverage network
- Meaningful work - you’ll have ownership over and the ability to make a direct impact on the experience we’re delivering to our customers (you’re not here “just to execute”)
- Autonomy - you’ll be in an environment that enables you to challenge yourself, challenge team members, learn new skills, shape discussions and new initiatives, and try out new things
- Collaborative and an open culture that values receiving and giving feedback
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements that provide you the balance you deserve
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted