At Chope, product designers spend our time solving complex problems for our 35 million diners and nearly 4000 restaurants across Asia. As Chope enters a period of rapid growth, we’re doubling the size of our Product Design Team and are looking for a Design System Lead to shape and drive the evolution of our design system.
In this role, you would work with and coordinate between product designers, front-end engineers, product managers, and brand/marketing partners to design and implement a vision that guides our customers’ experiences across B2C and B2B facing products.
Keep reading if you’re a designer with significant design system experience under your belt.
We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy:
- Talking to users about their needs and translating them into actionable insights
- Designing strategic solutions by tapping on your exceptional storytelling and communication skills and strong sense of visual craft
- Applying your expertise in user-centered design and digital products to make key decisions
- Dabbling with development and code - you’re able to talk to engineers efficiently about technical considerations and in turn build trust and respect
- Designing & building complex organizational systems - you understand that design systems exist to serve the entire organization, and this invariably comes with challenges (the going may get tough, but you’re unafraid to push on)
- Learning - you don’t know everything, but you have the potential to learn most things quickly
We'd expect that you are confident to:
- Define a unified design language across multiple product verticals, platforms, and devices
- Collaborate with engineers on the build, adoption, and maintenance of component libraries
- Spearhead/take full ownership - manage the overall relationship between the design system and its users and stakeholders
- Document design systems related guidelines and decisions
- Support the continued growth and evolution of design systems
- proactively identify what needs to be addressed, plan out a timeline, and oversee the project with the necessary stakeholders and resources
What do you get?
- Work with smart, motivated people who care deeply about our craft and are supportive of one another’s growth
- Ability to make a direct impact on the experiences we’re delivering to our customers
- Work in an environment that pushes you to challenge yourself and team members, learn new skills, and try out new things
- A great deal of flexibility over your work arrangements, time, and projects
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We’re also looking for generalist Product Designers to join our team in Singapore. View and apply here: https://thechopegroup.breezy.hr/