At a glance
The role involves analysing the data to understand the financial performance and position of the organisation; as well as investigating the significant differences between the actual and planned results to identify the key causes of business variances for performance measurement.
You will be working closely with the senior management and supporting on corporate finance matters such as identifying and evaluating investment opportunities (companies or platform) that are in line with the Group’s growth strategies.
Other responsibilities include formulating product costing techniques, implementing cost control measures, and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of labour, material and overhead reports. The Manager also reviews the allocation of overhead costs periodically and supervises the undertaking of special cost studies. Another key duty involves providing directions to staff responsible for the development and modification of the management accounting system.
- Develop financial models and conduct valuation analysis.
- Liaise with business units to provide insights to performance and efficiency to facilitate achievement of departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Liaise with internal and external functions to promote understanding of business performance
- Perform analysis of revenue performance and growth, profit and loss reports, operating variances, revenue reports and key performance indicators
- Identify the critical cost area with different business units and propose cost improvement
- Review the monthly management reporting package
- Lead the annual budgeting process and assist in organization’s fundraising activities
- Assist to Improve the internal control systems
- Any other ad-hoc duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accountancy/Finance and/or Economics.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience, ideally in a similar capacity.
- Prior exposure to Corporate Finance, FP&A, Treasury Management will be an advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and ERP systems.
- Experienced in handling and analysing a large volume of data.
- Willingness and ability to learn on-the-job any new skills that may be required.
- Meticulous with an eye for details.
- Ability to multi-task and work with tight timelines.
- Ability to engage stakeholders across the entire organisation.
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau
What you’ll get from Chope
- Meaningful work - you’ll have ownership over and the ability to make a direct impact on the experience we’re delivering to our customers (You’re not here “just to execute”)
- Autonomy - you’ll be in an environment that enables you to challenge yourself, challenge team members, learn new skills, and try out new things
- Collaborative and an open culture that values receiving and giving feedback
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements that provide you the balance you deserve