At a glance
The Administrative Operations team is the backbone of the company. We are responsible for onboarding new merchants, providing best-in-class merchant support and ensuring that the Chope website and app is updated at all times. The Operations Manager helps to achieve that by ensuring that SOPs are constantly reviewed and updated. He/She will also take the lead in working with internal stakeholders to ensure that internal tools are sufficient for the team to execute their day-to-day operations. There will be a need for a keen eye to detail as well as process optimisation skills.
About the role
- Lead the backend operations team by overseeing daily operations, ensuring prompt and accurate responses to merchant support inquiries, timely onboarding of new merchants.
- Oversee the establishment of SOPs in each new project.
- Optimize business processes to increase operating efficiency by working with internal product team to automate manual processes.
- Providing merchant support by addressing queries and resolving issues in a timely manner. You may be required to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that issues are efficiently addressed.
- Leverage data by analysing and building key metrics to track, evaluate and provide feedback to drive team success and productivity.
- Proactively identify and address possible process breakpoints and capitalize on process improvement opportunities.
- Monitor, provide instructions and feedback to the backend team regarding OKRs.
- Build a high performing team to allow for scaling and hypergrowth.
- Take on additional projects and tasks at the discretion of the Head of Operations.
- Minimum 5 years of operations experience, with 2 years managing a team.
- Independent and proactive mindset, with the ability to be productive and efficient with minimal or no supervision in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Keen attention to detail with strong problem-solving ability; be able to pre-empt problems, identify root causes, formulate and implement solutions with little prompting will be at a strong advantage
- Due to F&B operating hours, you may have to respond to urgent client requests outside working hours
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, networks, and core computer peripherals (e.g. printers)
- Experience in using and managing e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Shopee & Lazada.
- Basic usage of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheet.
- Basic understanding of web scripts, HTML, data servers
- Google App Script and Zapier automation knowledge
While not required, the following skills/experience will be favourably considered
- Usage of Zendesk or equivalent customer support software
- Experience in the use of back-end Content Management Systems
- Experience in the use of restaurant reservations/table management systems such as OpenTable, SevenRooms etc.
- Meaningful work - you’ll have ownership over and the ability to make a direct impact on the experience we’re delivering to our customers (You’re not here “just to execute”)
- Autonomy - you’ll be in an environment that enables you to challenge yourself, challenge your team members, learn new skills, and try out new things
- Collaborative and an open culture that values receiving and giving feedback
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements that provide you the balance you deserve