At a glance
If you are someone who has high ownership levels, is ready to take initiative on your own with good business judgement, believe that for a consumer facing company partnerships are the key to grow the business and increase the value proposition to its users, and would love to come on board a fast growing startup, then we strongly urge you to consider becoming our newest partnerships wizard.
The incumbent will report directly to the GM, and will also work closely with sales and marketing teams, and will be responsible for striking up all future partnerships, which could be B2B focused or B2C focused. These partnerships will be for Chope’s presence in Hong Kong, and could also be regional partnerships across South East Asia and all Chope cities.
As with any fast-growing, high-impact startup, we're looking for rockstar candidates with high levels of integrity, ownership and initiative, who are self-driven, and can ensure our success by being able to figure out on your own what are the sort of companies and brands that our users would identify with, and making sure we’re able to get the right type of partnerships deal with these brands. Your success in this position will be a direct result of the type of partnerships you’re able to close that would benefit our brand, as well as the added ‘coolness factor’ these partnerships would bring to Chope and its users.
- Identify, meet, and close partnerships (non paid) with brands and other services which could help build Chope’s B2B and B2C business
- Look to initiate discussions with large corporate brands that could benefit by promoting themselves to Chope’s users, at the same time increasing Chope’s brand awareness, and/or help Chope’s users benefit from such partnerships
- Proactively initiate discussions with potential partners and design partnership models with different types of partners
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to drive partnership projects
- Work closely with the GM in the development of long-term partnership strategy for HK
- At least 5 years' experience in business development / strategic partnership
- Job title and salary will commensurate with experience
- Skilled in identifying, building, and maintaining strategic and tactical business relationships
- Opportunistic, driven and hungry for success
- A strategic mindset with the ability to develop long-range plans and strategies based on a strong understanding of the market environment, competitive pressures, emerging technologies and trends.
- High personal standards of attention to detail, delivering on commitments and process compliance
- Able to communicate persuasively and eloquently in English and Cantonese (written and spoken)
While not required, the following skills/experience will be favourably considered
- Experience in food and beverage, hospitality or online companies
- Has good network of business connections
- Meaningful work - you’ll have ownership over and the ability to make a direct impact on the experience we’re delivering to our customers (You’re not here “just to execute”)
- Autonomy - you’ll be in an environment that enables you to challenge yourself, challenge team members, learn new skills, and try out new things
- Collaborative and an open culture that values receiving and giving feedback
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work arrangements that provide you the balance you deserve