At a glance
The Data Engineering team at Chope is pivotal in building a solid Data Driven culture and meaningful Data Products which impacts millions of diners and thousands of restaurants. This cannot be a better time to join the organization mainly when we plan to revamp most parts of our Data Platform System. The role brings a great learning curve as you’d be participating in all the activities - interactions with external and internal parties, help to carve out the architecture and do the actual implementation. Not to mention the impact this brings out to the whole organization!
About the role
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Data and will be based in our Singapore office. Our ideal candidate should be someone who has some experience working on small/mid sized internet companies before, has experience building Datawarehouse/Platform systems(building things from scratch gives tremendous advantage). The role requires strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management, communication skills, and has attention to details without missing out on the bigger landscape.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable with designing the Datawarehouse schema in Bigquery and also able to write code to process data from heterogeneous sources like APIs, PubSub, Transactional Databases.
- Design and develop solutions to store and process data on cloud platforms
- Hands on development in designing and developing ETL/ELT processes to ingest data into the data warehouse with focus on data quality and profiling.
- Participate in collaborations in external and internal stakeholders and work on building SLAs.
- Responsible for taking ownership of not just the Data Platform but also building the right practices to lead the way forward for the team.
- Translate the business requirements into actual workable technical solutions
- Participate in code reviews with focus on high quality technical documentation.
- Bachelors/Masters in mathematics, computer science or other related quantitative discipline.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in data engineering roles.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Kafka, etc
- Exposure to big data solutions from either of Amazon AWS/ Google Cloud / Microsoft Azure / Alibaba Cloud such as Redshift, EMR, BigQuery, Dataflow, Cloud Composer, BigTable, PubSub etc.
- Familiar with CI/CD and automating the deployments from dev to staging to production platforms.
- Great understanding of Data Warehouse concepts - Fact/Dimension Tables, CDC, SCD, partitioning and bucketing strategies.
- Proficient in writing complex SQLs, and experience in at least anyone of Java/Python/Golang.
- Experience in Metadata management, data discovery and creating data lineages.
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
What you’ll get from Chope
- Experience the full life cycle of architecture enhancement, including Cloud Native, Microservices, and Engineering efficiency
- Leadership enablement
- Flexible work arrangements and parental leave programs that provide you the balance you deserve
- Substantial employee referral incentives
What is Chope?
The word “Chope” in Singapore means to reserve a seat in a fast food restaurant, sometimes by placing a packet of tissue paper on it. We provide software to restaurants to manage their businesses (https://www.chope.co/singapore-restaurants/join_us), a reservation platform (iOS and Android apps and web https://www.chope.co) for consumers to book restaurants that’s also integrated with restaurants and partners like Google and Tripadvisor and a deals platform for consumers to get discounts on their dining. Founded in Singapore in 2011, Chope has offices in 7 cities across Asia. Happy dining!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted